THREE BEAUTIES TO REPRESENT NATION AT GLOBAL PAGEANT

The-three-queens-of-Seychelles

SEYCHELLES: MISS WORLD/SNA/9/11/17 SABANews 1

VICTORIA – SEYCHELLES is sending THREE young women to take part in the forthcoming Miss World Beauty Pageant taking place on 18 NOVEMBER in CHINA.

SEYCHELLES News Agency says HILLARY JOUBERT, FALAINE DORA and NAOMY KING will meet with 120 other beauty queens.

It says HILLARY JOUBERT clinched the Miss SEYCHELLES Another World 2017 among 14 contestants in AUGUST.

Hillary-Joubert

She says she has spent THREE months preparing for the event and she is excited to meet the other contestants and learn more about their culture as well as sharing hers with them.

Falaine-Dora

 

 

 

 

 

 

FALAINE DORA was also a contestant in the Miss SEYCHELLES pageant and is taking part for the FIRST time in the Miss University AFRICA Pageant end of NOVEMBER in NIGERIA.

SNA says she will be competing against 53 girls from the AFRICAN continent and the INDIAN Ocean islands; and the winner of the pageant will receive a full scholarship to any AFRICAN university as well as 50-THOUSAND US dollars.

 

 

 

The national news agency says NAOMY KING is already a winner, while the others gear up, after scooping the most photogenic title at the Top Model of the World 2017.

She competed against 40 young ladies from across the globe for the Top Model of the World title at the pageant’s grand finale held earlier in JULY in EL GOUNA, EGYPT.

Naomy-King

A beauty pageant or beauty contest is a competition that has traditionally focused on judging and ranking the physical attributes of the contestants; and SEYCHELLES happens to be ONE of the top-most competitors on the globe./Sabanews/cam

ONE-STOP BORDER POST NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN

Ugandan side

TANZANIA: FRONTIERS/DAILY NEWS/9/11/17 SABANews 1

MUTUKULA – The MUTUKULA One-Stop Border Post in the RAKAI District of Southern UGANDA on the frontier with TANZANIA is now officially open.

MUTUKULA is rated an important border post and major crossing point for both human and commercial traffic.

Tanzanian side

TANZANIA and UGANDA merged operations of their border posts in FEBRUARY 2016, allowing vehicles and passengers to clear customs and immigration once in the country of departure, with officials from both countries present.

The MUTUKULA-UGANDA and MUTUKULA-TANZANIA Border is now open 24 hours every day of the year.

The DAILY NEWS newspaper says Presidents JOHN MAGUFULI of TANZANIA and YOWERI MUSEVENI of UAGANDA officially opened the facility today (THURSDAY).

It says the TWO leaders have pledged to safeguard the interests of both countries and strengthen their diplomatic ties.

President MAGUFULI is in UGANDA for THREE day following an invitation from the UGANDAN Head of State.

TANZANIA and UGANDA are both in the AFRICAN Great Lakes Region, covering water bodies like Lake VICTORIA, the THIRD-largest freshwater lake in the world by area, and Lake TANGANYIKA, the SECOND world largest freshwater lake by volume.

Environment experts say the lakes collectively contain 31-THOUSAND cubic kilometres of water, and the total is about 25 percent of all the unfrozen surface fresh water of the planet.

The AFRICAN Great Lakes Region comprises BURUNDI, the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO, KENYA, RWANDA, TANZANIA and UGANDA./Sabanews/cam

NATIONAL POLITICS TAKES SUDDEN TURN FOLLOWING VP DISMISSAL

Robert Mugabe General Josiah Tongogara and Emmerson Mnangagwa in Mozambique

ZIMBABWE: POLITICS/SABANEWS/9/11/17 SABANews 1

HARARE – The recent dismissal of Vice President EMMERSON MNANGAGWA of ZIMBABWE from both government and the ruling ZANU PF Party has cast a cloud of confusion over the SADC country.

President ROBERT MUGABE fired his deputy after FIRST Lady GRACE MUGABE accused Mr MNANGAGWA of undermining the authority of her husband and fomenting divisions within the former liberation movement.

President Mugabe and First Lady Grace

The Head of State supported the accusations, saying the former Vice President has for some time, kept quiet while a group of people campaigned against President MUGABE in the name of Mr MNANGAGWA.

President MUGABE took action on MONDAY before his Politburo fired their former colleague from the ruling party yesterday (WEDNESDAY), while also lining up his perceived sympathisers both in the party and in government for the same fate.

Organisers of the current presidential rallies have advised the Head of State to crack the whip on all people who have suspected or known ties with the former Vice President; and he has assured them that is what is going to happen soon.

The 10 political provinces, after endorsing the FIRST Lady as incoming Vice President of the country, have already submitted names of leaders linked to Mr MNANGAGWA, including veteran Central Committee and Politburo members, they want out of government and party.

President MUGABE says he cannot stand by and watch mischievous elements destroying and distorting the revolution; but his critics accuse him of hypocrisy, claiming his campaign aims to sneak his wife into the presidium through the back door.

Media reports say fighters of the war that dislodged the RHODESIAN-BRITISH colonial rule, instead, want him, the FIRST Lady, and a number of other party stalwarts, out of the way.

The NEWSDAY says the ZIMBABWE NATIONAL LIBERATION WAR VETERANS’ ASSOCIATION has described President MUGABE as an unrepentant and deceitful tyrant, whose end is inevitable.

The group has issued a statement soon after the ejection of Mr MNANGAGWA from ZANU PF, saying President MUGABE has betrayed the revolution – hence they are now reclaiming their party and want him to quit its leadership with immediate effect.

The former guerrillas say President MUGABE is free to go and form his party with his wife, because the PATRIOTIC FRONT belongs to the fighters of the liberation war.

Their statement, signed by Association Spokesperson VICTOR MATEMADANDA, says the uncalled-for and abrupt sacking of the Vice President has shocked them; and they definitely affirm President MUGABE is deceitful and not a revolutionary.

They allege the Head of State actually supports, but pretends to hate, the principles of the BRITISH SOUTH AFRICA COMPANY that colonised the country, and his knighting by the Queen of ENGLAND confirms their thinking.

President Mugabe and Queen Elizabeth the Second of Britain at Buckingham Palace

Actually, records show President MUGABE was in 1994 created an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath, a prize for doing something outstanding for the BRITISH Monarch.

King GEORGE the FIRST in 1725 established the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, or order of BRITISH Knighthood, as a reward either for military service or for exemplary civilian merit.

The war veterans, whose group has fallen out with ZANU PF and has been replaced by another faction, say they are launching an exercise to mobilise the masses against what they claim are hijackers of the ruling party.

However, President MUGABE has not responded to them but has blasted his former deputy for allegedly sponsoring disturbances during his NINTH Presidential Youth Interface rally at the weekend in BULAWAYO City.

He says Mr MNANGAGWA organised and sponsored the people who booed the FIRST Lady when she addressed the crowd, to display a picture showing him as the most popular.

On the other hand, Ms MUGABE has also assured her husband he is going to remain the President because GOD anointed him to lead the country, and no one is going to remove him.

Former Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa

Her comments come amid reports saying Mr MNANGAGWA has pledged to fight President MUGABE and remove him from leading the party and government in the next few weeks.

Media reports claim he has issued a statement from SOUTH AFRICA, to where he allegedly fled this TUESDAY and from where he has challenged President MUGABE and the FIRST Lady; accusing them of living in the past and hindering national progress.

Mr MNANGAGWA has called on ZIMBABWEAN to bury their differences and rebuild a new and prosperous ZIMBABWE that tolerates divergent views, respects opinion of others, and does not isolate itself from the rest of the world.

Thus, the stage has been set. Politically, ZIMBABWE is now clearly a divided nation as the majority of people in the ruling party find themselves with TWO choices of following either of the factions that are forming in their organisation./Sabanews/cam

AUTHORITIES STEP UP ROAD SAFETY CAMPAIGNS AHEAD OF XMAS

Police Inspector-General SEBASTIAN NDEITUNGA

NAMIBIA: ROADS/NBC/9/11/17 SABANews 1

WINDHOEK – Police in NAMIBIA have ordered all drivers with outstanding fines for traffic offences to pay up or face arrest before the start of the forthcoming festive season.

National Police Inspector-General SEBASTIAN NDEITUNGA says officers will mount roadblocks across the country during the holidays, looking out for absconders – who will be arrested on spot.

He has told NBC News in an interview that from 12 DECEMBER, or any time without warning, drivers may be confronted with their outstanding warrants of arrest for traffic offences.

The National Police Traffic Unit and the WINDHOEK City Police have together issued at least 85-THOUSAND-400 warrants of arrest for unpaid traffic fines this year alone; and if collected, this will amount to some THREE-MILLION-500-THOUSAND NAMIBIA dollars.

Inspector-General NDEITUNGA says offenders will have to settle all outstanding monies at a court of law or, alternatively, apply for bail within 48 hours, or go to jail until the courts resume next year.

WINDHOEK City Police Chief ABRAHAM KANIME says they also have some 52-THOUSAND warrants of arrest outstanding, and plans are underway to arrest offenders.

Meanwhile, the Motor Vehicle Accident Fund has kicked off its Road Safety Awareness Campaign at the OTJIWARONGO-OTAVI Roadblock in OTJOZONDJUPA Region.

The Motor Vehicle Accident Fund has teamed up with the National Police, the Fire Brigade, and the Road Safety Council to organise the event in OTJOZONDJUPA, mostly because it is the region with the highest number of fatal accidents each year in the country.

Motor Vehicle Accident Fund Acting Chief of Corporate Affairs, SIDNEY BOOIS, says the campaign aims to sensitize travellers on road safety rules on national roads, including the B-ONE and B-TWO routes, especially during the holiday period.

The NAMIBIAN Police say they will be screening motorists at fixed roadblocks as from 27 NOVEMBER this year until the 16TH of JANUARY 2018, an exercise that will run along the national road safety campaign./Sabanews/cam