GOVERNMENT ALLEGEDLY RECALLS MUGABE SECURITY AND WORKERS

ZIMBABWE: POLITICS/SABANEWS/29/3/18 SABANews 1

Former “Life President” now without security?

HARARE – The Government of ZIMBABWE has reportedly recalled all security personnel and other workers allocated to former President ROBERT MUGABE.

Unconfirmed media reports say the move has also affected his daughter, BONA CHIKORE, and the TWO sons CHATUNGA and ROBERT Junior who are living in neighbouring SOUTH AFRICA.

They say Mr MUGABE and family have also lost the privilege of State-paid staff in foreign countries like SINGAPORE and other locations.

If true, it then means the 94-year-old former Head of State will no longer enjoy the service of security personnel and other workers on government payroll.

The development comes after Mr MUGABE addressed the media recently and described his NOVEMBER 2017 departure from office as a coup, accusing his successor of leading an illegal government.

Mr MUGABE last year dismissed President MNANGAGWA after FIRST Lady GRACE MUGABE accused the former Vice President of fomenting divisions in ZANU PF and plotting to topple her husband.

The removal of President MNANGAGWA from both government and the ruling party was to  precede mass dismissals of top civil servants and military staff accused of association with him.

The good old days, as they came to an end

However, the soldiers quickly moved in and launched what they dubbed Operation Restore Legacy and ZANU PF recalled Mr MUGABE from office and threatened to impeach him in case of resistance.

The then Army Commander General CONSTANTINO CHIWENGA, now Vice President, said security forces had no plans to take over government but had to intervene due to political developments threatening national security.

Mr MUGABE wrote a letter of resignation to Parliament Speaker JACOB MUDENDA after massive demonstrations nationwide in support of the call for him to step down.

And it became a New Dispensation

President MNANGAGWA took over power on 24 NOVEMBER, promising to forgive his predecessor and allow him all benefits befitting a former Head of State.

However, his former leader and mentor has refused to recognise his new role as he reportedly has teamed up with a group of fugitive former ZANU PF heavyweights plotting to launch a fight.

The developments in ZIMBABWE have raised speculations that the ousted former President for 37 years will not let the country rest until his currently unknown favourite candidate takes over the seat he left at State House./Sabanews/cam

FAMILY OF DECEASED MIDDLE-AGED WOMAN SUSPECT FOUL PLAY

SWAZILAND: HEALTH/TIMES OF SWAZILAND/29/3/18 SABANews 1
Raleigh Fitkin Hospital
MANZINI – The family a woman who died recently at the RALEIGH FITKIN Memorial Hospital after a shot illness are crying foul over the manner the medical centre handled the illness.
 
The daughter of the late 52-year-old NCAMSILE MALINDZA says they even suspect their mother was stacked away in the morgue while she was still alive.
 
BONAKELE LANGA says the late woman fell sick last MONDAY night while they were at home in the MALIYADUMA Area in the commercial capital, MANZINI.
 
The family had to call paramedics with an ambulance after her illness got worse before daybreak and she was ferried to the hospital.
 
Ms LANGA alleges the emergency staff asked them why they brought the patient at night, complaining that they could not attend to her because since there was no doctor on call.
 
She says they decided to take care of their mother until TUESDAY morning when a doctor would be available to see her; but a nurse turned up to attend to her, as no doctor had come.
 
However, the nursing staff threw out the family out of the ward when the doctor finally surfaced on WEDNESDAY morning, although they would have liked to see her treated.
 
Only after about TWO hours, a nurse approached the waiting relatives with the news that Mama MALINDZA had died, but they could not go in to see her body until the funeral parlour people came.
 
Ms LANGA says the incident confused them because they had not even see the physician who attended to their mother, and they had no idea what the medical team had done to her.
 
Worse still, DUPS Funeral Home personnel refused them access to the body at the parlour despite a promise made at the hospital: which had rushed to release the body to the parlour before other relatives arrived.
 
Ms LANGA says some of the relatives had heard their mother yelling as her supposed dead body was taken out of the vehicle, but DUPS Funeral Home workers dismissed the claim
 
The workers told the relatives a staff member had been shocked by the size of the body and yelled, but the mourners remained concerned because those who had touched the body had found it warm as if still alive.
 
Ms LANGA says while they reluctantly let it go, new doubts emerged when the parlour workers again refused to let them clean the body before placing it in a coffin; saying they would see bodies of other people.
 
Moreover, when they finally managed to access the remains of her mother on FRIDAY, they allegedly found the body, which had not gone under post-mortem, with bloodstains on the face and back, with more blood coming out of her mouth.
 
After failing to solve the puzzle, the SWAZI family finally decided to bury their mother, whom they believe was wrongly declared dead before being sent to the morgue and only reported the matter to the police./Sabanews/cam