Raleigh Fitkin Hospital
MANZINI – The family a woman who died recently at the RALEIGH FITKIN Memorial Hospital after a shot illness are crying foul over the manner the medical centre handled the illness.
The daughter of the late 52-year-old NCAMSILE MALINDZA says they even suspect their mother was stacked away in the morgue while she was still alive.
BONAKELE LANGA says the late woman fell sick last MONDAY night while they were at home in the MALIYADUMA Area in the commercial capital, MANZINI.
The family had to call paramedics with an ambulance after her illness got worse before daybreak and she was ferried to the hospital.
Ms LANGA alleges the emergency staff asked them why they brought the patient at night, complaining that they could not attend to her because since there was no doctor on call.
She says they decided to take care of their mother until TUESDAY morning when a doctor would be available to see her; but a nurse turned up to attend to her, as no doctor had come.
However, the nursing staff threw out the family out of the ward when the doctor finally surfaced on WEDNESDAY morning, although they would have liked to see her treated.
Only after about TWO hours, a nurse approached the waiting relatives with the news that Mama MALINDZA had died, but they could not go in to see her body until the funeral parlour people came.
Ms LANGA says the incident confused them because they had not even see the physician who attended to their mother, and they had no idea what the medical team had done to her.
Worse still, DUPS Funeral Home personnel refused them access to the body at the parlour despite a promise made at the hospital: which had rushed to release the body to the parlour before other relatives arrived.
Ms LANGA says some of the relatives had heard their mother yelling as her supposed dead body was taken out of the vehicle, but DUPS Funeral Home workers dismissed the claim
The workers told the relatives a staff member had been shocked by the size of the body and yelled, but the mourners remained concerned because those who had touched the body had found it warm as if still alive.
Ms LANGA says while they reluctantly let it go, new doubts emerged when the parlour workers again refused to let them clean the body before placing it in a coffin; saying they would see bodies of other people.
Moreover, when they finally managed to access the remains of her mother on FRIDAY, they allegedly found the body, which had not gone under post-mortem, with bloodstains on the face and back, with more blood coming out of her mouth.
After failing to solve the puzzle, the SWAZI family finally decided to bury their mother, whom they believe was wrongly declared dead before being sent to the morgue and only reported the matter to the police./Sabanews/cam

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *