SABANews seeks to enhance credibility and professionalism of public service broadcasting organisations in the SADC. As a radio news exchange system, SABANews also aims to broaden the knowledge of listeners on:
- Events in the region and
- Events elsewhere in Africa and the rest of the world, which have a bearing on the region.
By so doing, SABANews will contribute to:
- enhancing a sense of regionalism within the SADC;
- improving South-South flow of information; and
- making the region’s newsrooms operations more professional.
SABANews also seeks to:
- Reach the whole region and be accessible to all members of the public
- Uphold the principles of free speech and expression, as well as of free access to communication
- Serve the interests of all people, irrespective of political beliefs, culture, race, religion or sex.